By Dr. Rani G. Whitfield
Want to lose weight this New Year’s? Here are 5 simple steps to help you achieve your goal:
1. Eat lots of fruit. They are high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
2. Get full on vegetables; similar to vegetables in regards to health benefits.
3. Drink lots of water; its calorie free!
4. Eat breakfast every morning and try to eat 4 to 5 meals a day avoiding hunger and poor food selection.
5. Choose leaner cuts of meat and other sources of protein, like legumes or tofu.
These are sensible tips, and if followed closely, you can not only maintain, but lose weight in the New Year!
Dr. Rani Whitfield is currently developing several projects that include: establishing his non-profit, Hip Hop Healthy Coalition, as the medical authority on youth across the country. He is also in the final stages of penning his debut book, “The Hip-Hop Doc’s Guide to the Five Points of Healthy Living,” and is reviewing multiple offers for a nationally syndicated talk show focusing on health and well-being.
For more information, visit www.h2doc.com